Monday, February 28, 2005

Days 74-76 (My Mini-Vacation Pt 2)

Today is my last full day here in Qatar... :( Its been a WONDERFUL 4 days of RELAXATION. I cant tell you how much this was needed. So many great memories were made here for me. The culture, the scenery, everything was perfectly set in place for me I felt. A splash of arabic culture, and a zing of american modernization. In other words, women/men in their "arabic gear" walking around a 5 story state of the art mall buying items that you would see us buy! :) Unique experience. A night into the town was wonderful. Their clubs aren't exactly like ours, but it was kinda close. The dancing that I would usually do in Baltimore did not take place over here..haha. But I have to admit their are some hot "modernized" arabic women over here. Actually I think one of the funniest things I have ever heard women say to me happened the other night. Occasionally, I wear my glasses because of my vision. More at night then any other time. Well I had bought some clothes of my taste along with my usual hat and I wore my glasses this time. I had a small group of "modernized" arabic women come up to me, with the one in the middle giving me a quick look up and down saying "I must admit; you are one of the hottest nerds I have ever seen" then she giggled with her friends and walked away. I just sat their with a few of my friends that I went with and thought "I cant believe she said that with a look of disgust!" lol It was like if I wasnt wearing glasses or something, she would have liked me. I dont know. But it was hilarious. When I went to the mall yesterday, I could not help myself to buy over $1000 of items. There was just so much stuff that I was going to buy anyway once I got back to the states. I just said, "Might was well get it over with". Plus some of the stuff was a little cheaper. Wow, I talked alot on this one. Oh before I forget, check out my photo album in the next few days. I got some GREAT pictures from over here! You would love them. The location was perfect for pictures. Ok Adios! I will never forget this vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home