Sunday, February 13, 2005

Day 61

I would have to say that today was my most unique day in Afghanistan so far. It all started with waking up at NOON (yes, NOON! yay!) getting dressed, going straight to chow and planning on doing laundry right afterwards. I sat down by myself and a group of 5 british soldiers came and sat down at my table. I had the most awesome hour conversation with them. We all spoke everything from this pro bowl going on today (yeah, they watch american tv!) to Colin Farrell and also about their culture since I wanted to know. They live no more different than us. As a matter of fact, from what they said, Europe is so much better than the US. Those 5 have visited the states from time to time but they still thought that their country is better. At first, I stood up for the US ya know, since I LIVE THERE but after comparisons, (not saying they are better than us) but they have things over there that are unheard of over here. So I just might end up taking my mom over to England/Great Britain instead :) Who knows. All I know is that those 5 british soldiers made my day. Since I have been here, I already had a weird encounter with a GAY Korean Major, a Chaplain that speaks broken english, Awesome Romanian Ping Pong players that drink nothing but alcohol (they are allowed to have it over here!) and some very cool British soldiers. Definitely have to say that my Deployment to Afghanistan has ALL been worth it. Yes it gets lonely, but you get passed that by other adventures such as watching movies, playing volleyball, ping pong, talking with friends, and working. Internet helps out too as you can see. See, its not so bad over here. You just got to have a totally "open minded" mentality of getting deployed to anywhere and make the most of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home