Friday, February 25, 2005

Days 72-73 (My Mini-Vacation Pt 1)

Ahhh....IM ON VACATION!!! YES!!!! LMAO. I will have to put up pictures soon on my yahoo album. Already got some good ones ;) Wow...I feel so relaxed for the time being. I get the chance to go dancing down in Saudi Arabia! And drink up their alcohol! Man I cant wait. Ill be doing that within the next few hours over here. Also something interesting has happened to me since I got here yesterday. Well, they have a few restaurants on the base Im at in Qatar, one of them Chili's. Yeah, I know...Chili's! Awesome. Anywho, I got me a BBQ burger (huge!) and you know, the fries and got me a tea. Remember, I havent had ANY of this kind of food in little over 3 months. Well, I had that meal yesterday evening around 9pm. It is 630pm right now the very next day and I still haven't eaten. But Im not hungry? I honestly worked out this morning, watched a movie, played some ping pong and even took a nap...but still did NOT have the urge to eat anything...and I still don't. I asked a few people around here if they had the same effect and a couple did. And I finally realized something between the 3 guys and I that did have the same situation...we were all in pretty good shape. Then one of the guys mentioned that because of us working out as much as we do over in Afghanistan, our stomachs have dramatically shrunk since the invention of sliced bread. I mean, it made sense because I dont eat much to get full these days and I had a HUGE meal. I know, this story is retarded but ITS MY STORY!!! AAAAAAAAAhahahahah :) So I told it. Well Im gonna go take a SWIM in the OLYMPIC size pool they got here on base! Awesome. Then to downtown Qatar I go! Ill definitely take some pictures for you all. Im in such a good mood now as you can tell...but damnit, I deserve to be :) hehe. I love you all and hope to hear from you all soon as well. And Faith/Nicole, Ill try giving you all a ring probably tomorrow (Saturday). I have my own phone in my own room! Crazy (the most simple things in life in the states are luxury over here I tell you! lol) Adios

1 Comments:

Blogger Butterfly_Arizona said...

Hey Ricky (and Ladies),
Long time no talk. I just got back from vacation myself. Snowboarding, then a little trip to Rocky Point, Mexico. Danced and drank away my b-day. Much fun. :)
I just wanted to stop by and say hi. How is Qatar? I've heard it really is the party spot for the soldiers. Do they allow civilians? I see all the papers advertising it, left all around here. Just havent called to check on it. Are you ever coming back to Bagram?
Hey know whats funny? I partied with a gay korean on New Years. We will have to compare the name, see if its the same guy...lol. Well, hope you are doing well and have a drink for me! TTYL, Crystal
http://butterflyarizona.blogspot.com/

February 26, 2005 at 3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home