Friday, June 03, 2005

Days 170-171 *Another Afghanistan Poem*

For the veteran bloggerettes that have been with me on this blogger since the beginning, do u remember my "Christmas Poem" ? If ya dont, here it is again:

December 25th, 2004 Blog

Im not good with poems, but I figured that I know how to rhyme words a little so here it goes :)

Kandahar, Afghanistan....
Not a place for every man,
could easily get a tan;
just ask all the bearded Taliban!

Stuck here on Christmas Day;
where all the sand flies and scorpions play,
maybe holiday chow on a cardboard tray?
Must be dreaming, so slap me Ok?

Arriving back in June;
When all the blossoms are in full bloom,
Possibly singing a tune? While vacationing in Cancun?
Must be me drunk, barking at the moon.

Not very good at this writing thing;
Never could rock a beat or sing,
Doing my best to let our freedom ring;
In Afghanistan, where all American Soldiers are king :)


Well, on June 3rd, 2005 I am here again to attempt another poem...bear with me :)

For half a year its been 2005;
When I least expected it, time has flown by;
With snow in the mountains and hot desert gone dry;
Finally leaving this god forsaken place, I promise not to cry.

A week to go my friend, out of sight out of mind;
Have seen many different faces, everyone not always kind;
Been here for over 170+ days, not being able to wine and dine;
The USA is only a few steps away, so this place can kiss my freakin behind.

At the closing end of my journey, its about time for me to say good riddens;
Im done sleeping on floors, cots and a bed dirty with disgusting linens;
Has a love for Afghanistan gotten me smitten?
I hope you can answer that question for me, by reading the many blogs I've written.


How did I do? (lol) Its fun writing my mini-poems!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home