Sunday, May 29, 2005

Day 166 "extended"

I just got off the phone with my Mom and I just wanted to express whats going through my mind on my "journal". Feel free to comment if ya like :) Spoke with the original "Mama" for about 2 hrs this evening and really went "back" with her. Remember when I went rambling on about how strong my mom is and what she means to me earlier in my blogfessions? Well she made me realize how strong she is today without her really trying too. The conversation began with me coming back in a few weeks (yay!?. Then we went back into the past about our first "vivid" memory of our early childhood. I started out my memory with when I was around 3 yrs old wearing a bright red shirt with dirty blue overalls with a dinged up lunch pale in my right hand. Before I got any deeper into the memory, she told me EXACTLY what happened that day as if it was yesterday. Event after event, as if she was reading my mind at that moment. Right there told me how much she really means to me. I know mothers are suppose to know their kids well in all but what she remembered at that very moment means soooo much to me right now. Then after that happened, she told me her first vivid memory. Im not gonna bore ya with what she said hehe, but again she made me realize too that we are more than just mother and son...we are like best friends. Granted, Ive always seen my Mom as someone special besides being my mother, but she respects me soooo much more than I thought she did. Dyan, do you remember our conversation a few days back? About being friends with your son and daughters? I just want to let you know that it means ALOT more than u think it does treating us like friends besides the mother-daughter scenerio. Knowing Vanessa, she probably thinks Im being way too sappy right about now (I probably am but this is my blogfession!) but this is whats on my mind right now. I dont know if being over here made me this emotional or what not, but its coming out like a rainbow after a rain shower! lol My Mom and I had alot more than that to talk about but I will share one more part of that conversation with you. As you all know, Im taking my mother to Las Vegas July 5th-11th. We talked about our vacation and how we both need it in all. Just to let ya all know, my mother LOVES the nickel slots (lol) So this story will only make sense if I mention that hehe. Anywho, my mother and her best friend from work had this past Friday off and they decided they wanted to drive to Charleston, Wva for the day and just let loose. They both were coming in with only $50 a piece to gamble with now mind you :) Well her best friend ended up winning like $100 extra dollars and my mom hit the nickel slots for FIVE minutes and came out with $350! NICKEL slots I remind you lol But what made me wanna just hug and kiss her at that very moment she was telling me this, was how happy she was just winning in the first place. I wish you could all just hear her giggle and laugh about how happy she was at her little nickel slot machine :) God bless her. This woman would have been perfectly happy just winning a few dollars. It does not take her much at all to have a smile from cheek to cheek on her face. Honestly, I can go on and on and on about her but I just simply dont have the time to tell you all lol. So Ill end this blogfession with this; As much as you may be angry with your mom or dad at times, remember what they did for you when you needed them the most. Not gonna lie to you, there has been times like that with me, but I will ALWAYS remember...I have never been so close to my mother than I am now. If being 12000 miles away in an open, disgustingly hot desert being shot at every other day made me realize this notion, then so be it :) Thanks for listening to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home