Friday, December 24, 2004

Day 10

Ahhh, Christmas Eve. The day you wake up, smile and say "Cait wait till tomorrow morning!" The chances of smelling hot coffee and cocoa in the kitchen is pretty good along with a fully cooked breakfast just minutes away. The anticipation of opening up an early Christmas Eve gift (always has to be the crappy one) and nothing like shopping for last minute gifts at customer-packed stores. And then I realize, oh...Im in Afghanistan! I get to wake up to my annoying alarm clock and my roomate snoring 10 feet away. I get to take a shower in sub-zero weather. I get to eat "relatively" hot chow with the dining hall smelling like a** (they clean the sewage underground every morning). And I work on top of all of that. Thats everyday here at Ft. Verydustyairwithverycoldmorningsworkingtwelvehourdays, Afghanistan. Wow thats a tongue twister. Try saying that over the phone as a greeting? Haha. In all honesty, I never really was a big holiday guy except for my birthday anyway. So it works out ok for me over here. All is well so far and only 5 1/2 months to go! Yipee! I hope everyone enjoys Christmas in the states. And please try not to open the crappiest present on Christmas Eve! lol It happened to me as a kid and Id hate it happen to you now. Enjoy! Miss everybody

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home